Games & Recreation

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Best way to cook chestnuts?

Folks, I would like to make a dish involving braised pork with chestnuts in sweet soy sauce. I currently have a bag of raw, shell-on chestnuts and am wondering what is the best way to cook and peel them.





Should I first roast the chestnuts in their shells and then peel them before adding to the braise or should I peel them first and then add directly to the braise? Are there other ways of doing this, preferably involving as little labor as possible? Let me know ... thanks!



I would roast them first, because it would give them the most flavor.





My grandmother had a chestnut tree. She would cut slits like an "X" in them before roasting to let out steam, and make it easier to peel.




you blend them in a belender for 2 mins than add hot water than serve

No comments:

Post a Comment